Calling All Dreamers & Visionaries!
That pull….that deep knowing that there is something bigger that you are supposed to do, something that is calling you, pulling you forward….yes, THAT!
I absolutely know that pull, that inner voice saying, “It’s time, girl! It’s time to step up and live this out.”
But for those of us who are dreamers and visionaries, those big ideas can be very scary. In fact, they can be overwhelming and paralyzing too.
So what do you do when you know it’s your time to step into the big vision, the big mission, the legacy work you know you are being called to do? Here is what I suggest: (you can watch the Facebook live about this very conversation):
- Get quiet. Disconnect from the outside world. Book some alone time. When you separate yourself from the busy-ness of your life, from all of your obligations and responsibilities, and create private, alone, quiet time for you to be with your own thoughts, you allow yourself the space to be fully with what you are feeling, knowing and hearing from within too. I regularly book a hotel room in my city once per quarter, or when I’m away speaking or attending events, I book an extra day before to get grounded, be quiet and just listen. It’s in listening that the #1M10MProject was inspired and then was eventually born.
- Take action! As soon as you hear or feel something that makes you feel energized, excited, hungry and curious for more, know that this is it, and you must take action. It doesn’t have to be a big action. You may not even have it all figured out. I know I did not when I first started Women Moving Forward, and now Women Living Fully, and the #1M10MProject. I just had to trust it and take one small baby step, one action to set the vision/mission in motion.
- Share your vision/mission with those who have your back. You are going to feel alone as you take steps to make your vision/mission come to life. You do not want to have those who are skeptical, who can’t see big ideas or the big picture as they will want to diminish what you know is true for you. Instead, share your vision/mission with those who know you, love you, and will support you through anything. They will be your greatest cheerleaders and support team too.
- Surround yourself with other visionaries and dreamers! You are going to have to surround yourself with others who get it, who understand, and those who have big visions and missions too. They will know what it feels like to lead, step out of the proverbial comfort zone day after day, and step into the truth of what they are feeling called to do, just like you. These women are your new tribe and they will be the ones to support you, cheer for you, and be a circle of resources and guidance too.
- Stay in action! Action creates momentum! Momentum creates results. Stay in action and let yourself experience what is yet to come. While you are at it, acknowledge what you are doing, as no one else will, (unless you are in a circle of visionaries), and celebrate, recognize you and what you are doing, and give thanks and shout-outs to those who are with you on the journey of making your vision/mission come alive. Action. Momentum. Acknowledge. Celebrate/Recognize. Repeat. This last one is important. Don’t stop. Keep going. This is a long game. Stay in action and repeat the process.
The #1M10MProject is the next chapter of my life. I know it. I feel it. In fact, I honestly feel, along with Women Living Fully, this is my legacy work.
If you are a dreamer, a visionary and you are working towards your big vision and mission, I want to hear from you! I am looking to interview and feature visionaries on the Living Fully Show to inspire others to step into their own big visions and missions, and yes, to put the spotlight on yours too! Contact me and share your vision and mission with me! You are also welcome to join the #1M10mProject to get started too!
One of my most favourite quotes is by Margaret Mead: “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.”
Say yes to your vision and mission! It’s your turn to make it come to life!!