Collaborate For Greater Impact
I remember the first time I collaborated with another visionary who was feeling called to impact a lot of people. It was way back in 2003, when I had my first women’s group. The person with whom I was collaborating, had far more experience in one area, while I had more experience in another. When we discussed the idea of creating something together, putting both minds and hearts together, we both felt that the fit would be perfect. Her audience was similar to mine, we both felt strongly about our visions and missions, and we could really make a difference in more lives by working together.
At first, we were a little unsure how we were going to make it happen and put all of the pieces together. We both had similar ideas but to come together with one plan was a bit of a challenge. Each of us believed in our own ideas but after much discussion and meeting in the middle, we found our way back to the vision of what we were creating together. And ultimately, stayed true to the outcome we wanted and the results we were creating together.
It was a great learning experience, and I’ve had many since. From podcasting and videocasting, to telesummits and webinars, to fundraisers, to writing collaborative pieces, to co-hosting events, just to name a few. And with the expanse and reach of social media, collaborating can have a far greater effect and end result.
Thus, I encourage you to consider collaborating with another visionary. And here’s why:
- As a visionary, you seek ways to bridge the gap between where you are today and where you feel your vision is pulling you. You feel a deep need to increase awareness and reach more people, and collaborating with someone else, who has mutual goals and values, is the number one way to do that in an efficient and cost-effective way.
- As a visionary, you may be underestimating your own value. When working with someone else, you will acknowledge more of your own experiences and expertise, and genuinely share it, not because you want to boast, but because you want to help. This validates your experience and expertise, and that’s a good thing!
- When you collaborate with others, you get out of your own way. You set aside self-doubt and procrastination. There’s accountability and dedication to the ultimate goal, and that helps you show up in a bigger way and make a greater impact, as a team.
- Two minds, and two hearts, are better than one. You’ve heard that before and it’s true. Collaborating with another visionary gives you the opportunity to brainstorm, come up with new ideas, mesh your heartfelt callings, and add a new flavor to something that may have gotten stale. It may also give you a second chance at something that didn’t work solo before.
- It’s fun! It gets you out of your routine, it pushes limits, it has you show up in a greater way, and it really brings forth something new, and exciting that truly does create a larger impact, and reaches more people. Together, you can be so creative!
Bonus reason: It gives you an opportunity to fund your vision and mission in a different way. And yes, will give you a sense of accomplishment that is different than doing something solely on your own.
I encourage you to consider collaborations as a means of expanding your vision and mission and creating a larger impact.
If you would like the step-by-step instructions on how to collaborate with another visionary or entrepreneur to expand your reach, help your mutual audiences, and create a bigger impact, you can purchase the “Collaborations With Impact” workshop in which I cover the numerous ways you can collaborate with another visionary, what makes a good collaboration and what does not. I also guide you through a process to ensure you both work well together, mutually sharing and making the collaboration work for you, your collaborator and both of your audiences. Purchase the complete workshop here!
Remember, as a visionary, you do not have to do it alone. Collaborating with another visionary can truly increase your reach and help you create greater impact – together.